Tuesday, December 14, 2010

So much in 1 year

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has been lacking blogging skills lately.  I guess everyone's probably just as busy and almost burnt out as I am.  However, today is a very special day.  Almira's 1st Birthday!

Words can't even explain how important this little girl is to me.  She wasn't on our "agenda" so to speak, but God's agenda is definitely more appropriate than our own.  I'm not sure I could have gotten through this last year in one piece without sweet little Almira. 



December 14, 2009 will be a day  I will never forget.  Not only because it was the day Almira was born, but it was one of the biggests milestones I could have ever shared with my mom.  She was there coaching me on with Adam, and let me tell you, they made a quiet but very solid team.  She was not feeling well at all, and it was icey out and late...but she was still there being strong for me.  I am so thankful for that day that I got to share with her.

On Sunday we celebrated Almira's birthday at our house with mine and Adam's families.  It's so weird being the adult throwing a birthday party for your own child.  It feels like just yesterday my mom was doing that for us.  She always made birthday's so special.  She always made a special cake for our birthdays, so I wanted to do that for Almira.  Since she is a little eskimo, I decided to make an Igloo cake.  I used her Christmas ornament as a decoration.  It turned out so cute!












I thank God every day for this little girl.  She is a sweet, sensitive, little daddy's girl.  She knows what she wants.  She says "Hi" to everyone that walks by, and will almost always give you a smile.  God knew what I needed when he gave us Almira.  I am forever thankful!

4 comments:

  1. God definitely knew what he was doing by bringing this beautiful little girl into your lives. She has blessed us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Almira! You are indeed such a sweet baby girl! Your cousins and aunts and uncles love you so much and will always be here to show you the ropes. (Beth, you better print this out for her someday;))

    Beth, I look at those pictures and can't believe my eyes. First of all, I can't believe she's not here. Second of all, I can't believe how sick she looks and why didn't I realize it at the time? Lastly, I'm so happy that she got to see you become a mommy. Even though Almira will never know mom, I have to believe mom is watching Almira grow and didn't miss the party on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth I am so glad that I found your blog...WOW I cannot believe your little one is already a year old...time flies - I am going to have to learn it though!! I hope that we can stayed connected in the blog world now :) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, perfect, blessing your little eskimo is :). Love your blog Beth ♥

    ReplyDelete