Sunday, April 1, 2012

Restored in Heaven

I've been wanting to blog for a long time, but always feel like I don't have anything concrete to say.  This time of year brings a ton of emotions.  My whole life I have looked forward to spring and the new beauty and feeling of fresh things all around.  But this has changed in the last two years.  I look forward to getting through it.  And this year that is all I am trying to do.  With Adam working 7 nights a week, it's not making this time any easier for me.  I reflect on what we were doing two years ago.  Driving down to the University Hospital in anticipation of bringing mom home.  Then bringing her home on my birthday.  It was ironic because Lisa and I were born at University Hospital exactly 24 years to the day that we would bring my mom home from that very same hospital. 

I am missing my mom so much right now.  She was always there for me when nobody else could be.  We spent so much time together and I am really feeling that void right now, while Adam is working all the time and it's just me and Almira at home.  I am thankful I have Almira and a new baby due in October :)  But that is wearing my down as well.  I am thankful I have my sisters, but as much as we want to be there for each other, it is so hard because we are all so busy with our kids and just getting through this time too. 

I've just been feeling really defeated and depleated this week.  I was reminded in church to set my focus on the Lord.  Not the tasks I have to get done, not my goals for myself, but just focus on Him.  The easy road is not always the right road.  He will not give me anything I cannot handle.  I have to remember this!

On a lighter note, this week is the week before Easter.  Today is Palm Sunday.  I really enjoy this week!  I am determined to make it good and remember what this week is all about.  I instantly think of my mom being restored in Heaven.  And the promise that we too, will be restored in Heaven.  If it wasn't for Jesus dying on the cross, she would not be in Heaven as beautiful as I know she is.  I have seen her a couple times in my dreams lately.  She is always radiant and her eyes are the bluest blue you could imagine.  She is usually in bright white.  I love to think of her this way.


Jesus Calling, April 1st
I am calling you to a life of constant communion with me.  Basic training includes learning to live above your circumstances, even while interacting on that cluttered plane of life.  You yearn for a simplified lifestyle, so that your communication with Me can be uninterrupted.  But I challenge you to relinquish the fantasy of an uncluttered world.  Accept each day just as it comes, and find Me in the midst of it all.
Talk with Me about every aspect of your day, including your feelings.  Remember that your ultimate goal is not to control or fix everything around you; it is to keep communing with Me.  A successful day is one in which you have stayed in touch with Me, even if many things remain undone at the end of the day.  Do not let your to-do list become an idol directing your life.  Instead, ask My Spirit to guide you moment by moment.  He will keep you close to Me.

2 comments:

  1. No matter what you say on here it's good Beth! It's your way of expressing things that are hard to get out and that's important! Always thinking about you and your sisters! Especially this time of the year.. I went to jarrods church today and second song was "I will rise". Literally couldn't even get words out to sing cause I started crying just reminds me of your mom and your family but the words are so powerful it's hard not to be moved by them no matter if they have meaning or not (obviously in this case they do) " there's a day that's drawing near, when this darkness breaks to light and the shadows disappear and my faith shall be my eyes" it's a great verse in the song. Figured id share it! I love you tons and im here for you and will always be! I miss you Aunt Kathy! (wanted to make sure she knew, cause I know she's reading these!) :) love you tons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said and well written. You are not alone in any of your feelings and reflections. It is comforting to know that there are others feeling the same way that I am. Hang in there, thinking about you guys in this tough month.

    ReplyDelete